So today at work I had nothing to do while I was sorting through some sale items and I was just making a mental list of everything I love about my husband. I can't tell you how weird that is!! Ahh!! I really like it though, heehee! A lot of people say that they expected marriage to be the magic fix-it or whatever, and that definitely wasn't the case(considering there was nothing that so desperately needed to be fixed), but I for some reason thought that being married would make me feel more grown up. Yeah, not so much. Anyways as I was saying, things I love about my husband. I really am so glad I married him. Like the more I think about it the happier I am. So I just thought that I would share some of my favorite things about him....heehee...
I love that he doesn't let stereotypes carry any weight in what he does or thinks. I have always hated the stereotypes of how life ends when you get married, or men hating to come home to their wives, wives being controlling wenches, men being useless, you get my point. I love that he doesn't let any silly stereotypes control any of what he does...it's very nice.
I like his view on kids. He wants to have some on day. Yay!! hahaha
I love how unique of a person he is. I know that everyone is unique but I do feel that some people are kinda basically the same...sure deep down they're different, but you can kinda put them in a basic category, but I really feel that you can't do that with Torin. When we first got together it was kinda rocky for a while because I really just felt that I never knew what to expect, but obviously things have smoothed out. I've learned more of what to expect, but I've also learned to just trust him, he hasn't let me down yet!!
I've come to really love how different we are, I didn't realize how important that really was until him. For example, I'm a very emotional person, I cry easy(and a lot), I can get really down, I can be super overly happy, you get the picture. He however, is much much more balanced. Sure he changes moods, but the change is so mild! It helps balance out my all-over-the-place-emotional-ness. It used to bother me that he didn't show emotions much, but after a while I figured out that he did show his emotions, just very differently. It makes it mean that much more when he does something sweet cause I know he wouldn't do it if he really didn't mean it.
One of my biggest pet peeves that so many guys do is when they play stupid. They can tell that their girl is upset but they just go along pretending they don't notice cause they don't want to bring it up. I have a hard time telling him when I'm angry, but as soon as he can tell something's up he'll ask what's wrong. He doesn't pretend he doesn't know there's something wrong, and he usually will try to guess it. If it's something he did he doesn't pretend he doesn't know what happened, unless he really doesn't know but then he's not pretending. :-)
He always tries to make me laugh...gotta love a sense of humor!!
He doesn't have this stubborn "I like the way I am, and I'm not changing" attitude, he's willing to bend how he needs to, which makes it easier for me cause I feel like I work hard to make things work and thanks to him it's not all a waste.
I know we still have a long ways to go, but I think we've got an awesome headstart with knowing how to work together. We have a lot of fun being together...I could go on and on listing things I like, but I'm getting really tired and I gotta go to bed soon.
Sorry if that entry was ramble-y at all...I seem to blog when I'm sleepy haha!!
Good night
ciao!
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment